The hospice philosophy of end-of-life care emphasizes a patient's right to die with dignity and without pain. Redmond-Sisters Hospice is committed to providing the highest quality of care and assistance to patients and their families/caregivers in support of this philosophy.
At Redmond-Sisters Hospice we:
- Treat the patient not the disease - We address the medical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs (if desired) of patients and loved ones.
- Offer Comfort Care/Pain Control - We use various methods of pain control including medication, and . With effective pain management, patients are often able to remain more active and have greater command of their lives.
- Value & Embrace Quality of Life - Hospice neither hastens nor postpones death. Our staff members and volunteers affirm life and regard dying as a normal process.
- Excel in Pediatric Hospice Care - Redmond-Sisters Hospice has made the commitment to train our medical and social work staff to deal with the special needs of pediatric hospice care.
Are Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week - Hospice Nurses are available for patients and are a phone call away.
Other services can include medical supplies and appliances, medications and continuous care during times of crisis.
Our dedicated team includes:
- The Hospice Medical Director
- Your Physician
- Our Registered Nurses
- Licensed Therapists (Occupational, Physical, Speech)
- Medical Social Workers
- Hospice Aides
- Spiritual and Bereavement Counselors
- Massage, Acupuncture & Pet Partners Experts
- Trained volunteers serving Hospice and Transitions programs
- Transitions Program Volunteers
- Camp Sunrise Professionals
Our medical director, Dr. David Tretheway, is board certified in internal medicine and palliative care. He is one of the few physicians in Oregon to attain this level of special training. Dr. Tretheway and Dr. Bachtold will work in conjunction with your physician to ensure you are receiving the best medical care available to treat your symptoms.